Are you an allergy sufferer? Before relying on another pill to hold back your allergies, consider adding one of the best nose sprays for allergies to your daily routine.
Introduction to Nose Sprays
Nose sprays provide your body with the much-needed ability to breathe through your nose. The ability to breathe through your nose is a biologically relevant function for filtering, moisturizing, and warming the air your breath. A nasal spray shrinks the blood vessels inside your nose to halt infection or decrease allergies. Keeping your nose in just the right condition prevents sinus infections, backup in the middle ear space, and more.
Steroid Nasal Sprays Versus Saline Nasal Sprays
Steroid nasal sprays are different than saline solutions. Saline solution helps reduce the secretions in your sinuses or nose. It helps remove particles or germs your nose has filtered out from the environment. It acts as a humidifier and assists in the winter. Saline is not for the relief of seasonal allergies but somewhat helps in the relief.
On the other hand, steroid nasal sprays relieve an itchy or a runny nose caused by allergies. These sprays aren’t addictive but may exacerbate symptoms if used too often. The benefits of using steroid nasal sprays include:
- Treating allergic rhinitis symptoms
- Relief from runny noses, sneezing, or congestion
- Decreased pain from benign growths in your nasal passage
- Relief from throat irritation caused by sinus drip
- Lowered inflammation of the nose (internal and external redness)
Use Nose Sprays According to Directions
There are several nasal sprays on the market that used to be available by prescription only. Now with the availability of these sprays, primary care physicians are seeing more people overuse sprays. Be sure to use the best nose spray for allergies as directed. Dr. Marilene Wang, an ear, nose, and throat doctor, says the overuse of nasal sprays causes chronic nasal congestion that will not go away as your body stops responding to the spray. Just be sure to read the back of the bottle, especially concerning the length of time you use the spray for your health.
Be sure to cover these steps when using nose sprays, whether you are using olopatadine or triamcinolone nasal spray.
- Blow your nose first but do not blow your nose afterward. You don’t want the medicine not to make its way up your nasal passages.
- Keep your head up for a few minutes after using the spray.
- Close your other nostril when spraying.
- Breathe in gently, like you are smelling a flower.
- After taking in the spray, breathe out through your mouth (so you don’t push all of the medication through your nose right after inhaling it).
- Clean the nozzle, not only is it more sanitary, but it also prevents clogs of the spray nozzle.
- Pay attention to the expiration date of your nasal spray. Now that they are available over-the-counter you must understand the expiration date.
Flonase also offers a series of tips to their users, in case you are a patient that needs a bit more guidance.
Things to Look for in Selecting a Nose Spray
If you are an allergy sufferer and don’t know where to start, an entire aisle of options in a drugstore is robust to sift through. When selecting the right nose spray, it may be advisable to visit your primary care physician. This will confirm the presence of allergies and if a nasal spray is the proper course of action for your health.
Once you’ve decided nasal spray is the right course of action, find a nasal steroid spray if you need a long-term solution. These medicines stop symptoms of hay fever or allergic rhinitis. With a quick spray in the mornings, you get to reduce your congestion, decrease postnasal drip, and lower your nasal allergies. You should look for the following in selection in a nose spray:
- Correction of the symptoms you are experiencing
- Relief you are looking for after you’ve used the product for the recommended number of days
- Recommendation for use by your physician
- A reliable brand with a strong reputation for allergy relief
- Ease of use that doesn’t interrupt your daily routine
These Are the Best Nose Spray for Allergies
When you are committed to buying the best nose spray for allergies, give one of the products a shot. They are highly rated because they indeed provide the features and benefits allergy sufferers need.
Rhinocort Allergy Spray
Rhinocort is a highly-rated allergy spray designed for daily use by allergy sufferers. Rhinocort is an allergy spray that uses budesonide as an active ingredient for the relief of indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms. It relieves nasal congestion, sneezing, runny nose, and itchy nose with a daily spray. Also, Rhinocort blocks six allergic substances from reaching the body. Only people are
Made from the company behind Zyrtec (one of the highest rated allergy medications ever made), Rhinocort lets out the lowest volume per spray compared to anything else on the market. For some users, this is a big selling point because it doesn’t overwhelm the nose with excess medication.
- Valid for 24 hours with only one spray
- Non-drowsy for daily use
- Made by the team behind Zyrtec
- A low spray volume to keep your nose clear
- No alcohol or scent is in the product
- Cannot use the medication if under six years of age
- Some users don’t get as much effectiveness with budesonide
- Does not work for every user’s allergies
Nasacort Allergy 24-Hour Non-Drip Nasal Spray
For the relief of sneezing, nasal congestion, runny or itchy nose, try out Nasacort Allergy. This solution also provides 24-hour relief with one spray in each nostril. It is a triamcinolone nasal spray formulated to be drip-free, so you do not taste the spray once you use it. After using the product once a day for a week, you’ll experience relief.
- Children as young as two years of age can use this product
- Users report it reduces sneezing
- Non-drowsy solution doesn’t leave you tired like allergy pills
- Works well for seasonal allergy sufferers
- The scent-free formula doesn’t irritate the nose
- Symptom relief takes up to one week in some patients
- Does not work for every user’s allergies
Flonase Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray
Now available as an over-the-counter medication, Flonase is a fluticasone propionate nasal spray. One of the most significant advantages of this allergy spray is its ability to work for 24 hours. All you need is one spray a day for allergy relief that includes nasal congestion, watery eyes, itchy eyes, runny nose, and even sneezing. If you suffer from seasonal allergies, Flonas might suit your needs.
According to a recent study conducted concerning its efficacy against Claritin, Flonase provided better total nasal symptom relief. It can be used every day for severe allergy sufferers.
- Contains the most prescribed allergy medication on the market
- Blocks six allergic substances
- Non-drowsy formula
- Works for 24 hours
- Relief starts rapidly and builds with everyday use
- Cannot use with children
- The nozzle gets clogged if not cleaned properly
Clarispray 24-Hour Non-Drowsy Nasal Allergy Spray
Do your symptoms last more than two weeks? You might not be experiencing a cold. This might be either indoor or outdoor allergy, which is known to develop in every stage of life. Clarispray is from the makers of Claritin and is also a spray that relies on fluticasone propionate. Many users are loyal to the brand of Claritin and report Clarispray provides much-needed relief from nasal congestion.
- Relief from dogs, cats, tree pollen, weed pollen, grass pollen, and more
- Formulated for dust, dust mites, and mold
- Relief after your allergy symptoms occur
- Uses fluticasone propionate which is clinically proven for allergy relief
- Designed for daily use
- Causes drug interactions with certain skin conditions
- There are special dosing instructions for children 12 and under
Flonase Sensimist Allergy Relief Nasal Spray
Made by the creators of Flonase, the Sensimist option provides allergy relief with the same medication used in Flonase but through a fine, more gentle mist. The product, designed for use by people used to taking pills, does not drip or cause discomfort. It is a scent-free formula that does not have alcohol in it. Compared to other options on the market, it has a short nozzle for ease of use. If you need relief from nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, and itchy nose, Flonase Sensimist may suit your needs.
- New, patented technology for no dripping
- The shortest nozzle on the market for easy application
- Suited for relief from pet dander
- A low volume per spray never wastes medication
- Not always the preference of previous nasal spray users
- Drug interactions do exist, ask your doctor before use
Improve Your Daily Life with Nasal Spray
Allergy sufferers around the country purchase nasal spray to find much-needed relief. The best sprays for people with allergies are Rhinocort Allergy Spray, Nasacort Allergy, Flonase Nasal Spray, Clarispray 24-Hour, and Flonase Sensimist.
When your allergies are in full force, your immune system is reacting in a way which keeps your body feel physically tired, causes issues with breathing, and shows up in flu-like symptoms. Give nasal spray a shot if you are ready to improve the way you feel on a day-to-day basis.